After her graduation in the monumental arts at the Sint-Lucas Academy in Ghent, Laure-Anne Jacobs took part in several artistic projects and exhibitions. Most of these initiatives were focused on art integrated contents. The upcoming digital media formed an important role within the evolution of the work of the artist. In her work, Laure-Anne Jacobs puts an emphasis on photography, video or film, internet and interactivity and the most recent evolutions of media technology. In her expressions, Laure-Anne Jacobs uses the most adapted tools for both content and form of the artistic work. The artistic realization is for the artist a concrete expression, based on the interpretation of individual experiences and interaction with social surroundings and reality.
The audiovisual media and digital networks are for Laure-Anne Jacobs an incentive to question the arts. In this optic, integration and interaction with the essential social pillars form the characteristics of the works of the artist. Public space, society and the world are the favorite framework to create interaction and give expression to the underlying meanings. Interpretations of an existing reality are transformed in a concrete realization with tools such as digital printings, photographic images, movies and installations.
Laure-Anne Jacobs is co-founder of the digital media platform Larbitslab, and is working since four years with Bénédicte Jacobs, Researcher in Social Media at the Free University of Brussels. Together they formed a duo called LarbitsSisters. Larbitslab is being founded in 2011 and is an interdisciplinary creative research group on digital visualization located in Brussels, involving artists and scientists around issues raised by the advent of digital technologies such as privacy, digital identity and 2.0 practices.
bitREPUBLIC, a virtual DIY refuge for the stateless and homeless (iteration #02)
bitREPUBLIC, a virtual DIY refuge for the stateless and homeless (iteration #01)
eu4you, an interactive installation about the EU’s controversial management of the migration crisis
Algorithmic Tube Tales, an installation concerning social media where the impact of platforms such as Facebook or Twitter on human relationships is questioned
TubePlot, a social media app that designs the life of Facebook users with probability calculations
The Flanograph, sensing by interface design
Measurements, measuring the city, digitale tracks, Antwerpen Zuid
MyMiniMaxiLoveLife, exploring the boundaries of social network sites
Metropolitan Views, a tool to prototype cities
Dunkerque Views, artist-in-residence, urban wanderings, a subjective study of the city of Dunkirk, La Plate-Forme Dunkerque
Overview exhibition Photography circuit Flanders, FoMu Antwerpen
Scenes of Kortrijk, interactive scenes of the city of Kortrijk, in collaboration with the Theatre of Kortrijk and the City of Kortrijk
Photography circuit Flanders, Organic Urbanisation, travelling exhibition in Flanders
Life Cycle, online art on Antwerp Internet Art, presentation I.P.V. Antwerp
Art posters in the shelter bus, E.N.E.R.G.I.E., Brussels
Art in the neighborhood, Wijk Up, Bruges
Art in the Forest of Soignes, Fagus, if, Brussels
Telenicc, video with artist minutes, transmitted (2001) on ‘télé Bruxelles’, Brussels
- Flânographie, Eulalie Pierquin & Duo LarbitsSisters, in: 100 Notions pour l’Art Numérique, coll. 100 notions, Paris, Les Éditions de l’Immatériel
- Scenarizing Metropolitan Views: FlanoGraphing the Urban Spaces, Cathal Gurrin et al. (Eds.): MMM2014, Part II, LNCS, Springer, pp. 11-21.
- Flânographier l’espace : pour une poétique computationnelle de saisie de l’expérience Urbaine , HyperUrbain 4 : Mobilité et Parcours Hybrides, dir. Khaldoun Zreik, Europia Productions
- Metropolitan Views. Étude pour un dispositif de prototypage de la ville, projet d’étude réalisé dans le cadre de la résidence d’artiste, La Plateforme, Dunkerque, Mai 2010
- Fotografiecircuit Vlaanderen 2008-2009, Figura, Jan Van Broeckhoven
- E.N.E.R.G.Y., NICC Brussels and Commissioner of Culture of the city Brussels, 2004
- Sint-Jozef, Stills van het leven (2002), Bruges 2002, LA. Jacobs
- Kunst in opdracht (2000), The Flemish Government (Architecture) bOb Van Reeth and K. Laenen, Brussels 2000
- Telenicc, Brussels 2000, J. Timmermans